St. John's was founded in 1886 in the church building that now sits on Van Houten Ave. It moved to it's current location on Broad St. in 1956 when the church bought the land from a farmer. In 1970, the church building was finally completed by adding an education wing and putting stained glass in the sanctuary.
St. John's Church has a small staff, but that doesn't mean St. John's doesn't have a lot of leadership. Many members in the congregation volunteer their time to work countless hours for the church and the community around it. If you have questions or need help with something, feel free to contact us!
Aaron grew up in Flint, MI. He went to Concordia, Ann Arbor to study pre-seminary and then to Concordia Theological Seminary in St. Louis, MO for his Master of Divinity. Aaron was called to St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church in August of 2017. He is married to Rachel Mol and they have one son, Zebulun.
Congregation President - Janet Klink
Vice President - Bob Bender
Treasurer - Liz Sachtleben
Secretary - Crystal Hayes
Financial Secretary - Joe Torelli
Sunday School & Youth Ministry - Jayne Sachtleben